Our Community Facilities
History of Penshaw
Community Groups
Events and Activities
Scarecrow Trail Event
Members Area
Contact Us
Back to Home Page
A brief history of Penshaw Village

The Church of All Saints, Penshaw, was built in 1746 as a chapel-of-Ease to Houghton le Spring. The Reverend Richard Stonehewer, Rector of Houghton-le-Spring for 42 years, founded the Perpetual Curacy of Penshaw in 1746 but it was not until 1838 that Penshaw became a parish in its own right.

To find out more about the history of the church Click Here

Penshaw Village Centre  November 2010All Saints Penshaw

For contact details and service times of All Saints Click Here

 

 

 

 

 

 

filler

Penshaw CA.